Thursday, April 24, 2008

Battle before sleep

It's been difficult to soothe Chloe to sleep recently. She used to love being rocked and falling asleep in the sling, but now she loves to settle on her own on the bed.. I'm not sure if it's really a good thing for me, cos...

She would be happily playing at one moment.

Then she could turn really quiet and moody. She'll start yawning, scratching her head, rubbing her eyes...

And cry out loud, plus violently tossing and turning, eyes-rubbing, head-scratching..

Yet she refuses my offer to carry her. She would scream even louder if i do so. What I do is holding her struggling hands to prevent her from hurting herself.

Until she can finally sleep soundly like this...

It is a 10-15mins battle if i'm lucky enough. And when I'm not, which most of the times are, it takes up to an hour for her to fall asleep..

No comments: