Sunday, January 15, 2012

Phuket for 6 hours

Cruise Day 3 | 20.09.2011

Let's do a photo recap on the unfinished cruise holiday posts!

Reached Phuket pretty early at around 9am..


Booked a transport for the day, I remember the driver spoke very minimal English. Luckily we still managed to cover the places we had planned..

My first stop – the long awaited massage at Burasari. Experienced the Thai signature massage for THB 1,500. Superb!! I must go back again.... *hint*

The kids and husband recharged themselves with loads of fries and hash brown at McDonalds while waiting for me..


Soon, they picked me up and we started our shopping spree at Patong Beach. I wish the time could just go a little slower, so we could lugged more stuff back. Unfortunately, the tummy were growling for food, and my back was shouting to rest as Bosco had dozed off in my arms.

So, we bidded goodbye to Patong to search for that authentic Thai cuisine, Raya..


Here at Raya, I was really looking forward to yummy Thai food, as described by Andy when he visited in Jan 2011.

The interesting decor has that wow factor, cos it resembled my kampong hometown from my childhood memories.


Crabmeat curry served with white vermicelli – pure satisfaction *must try*


Pad thai, fried rice and braised pork belly were among what we ordered.
Didn't remember fried rice could taste so good!


The kids enjoyed their lunch experience as much as Andy and I *burp*

Now I really miss Phuket.... ♥

No comments: